Thursday, March 26, 2009

Fingerless Mittens



Just a quick post to show off my latest knitting project - fingerless mittens for keeping wrists warm!

I got the pattern from Sandy in Wonderland and made the minor adjustment of using one skein instead of two. (The pattern calls for two skeins so the stripes will match. Then with the leftover yarn you knit a second pair for your "best friend") I wasn't too fussy about having them match and couldn't think of anyone to give the "best friend" pair to so I knit both from the same skein.



I loved knitting with this yarn: it's really easy to work with and has such lovely colours running through it! It's got a really long colourway and each bit of yarn can have several colours in it. A bit hard to explain so take a look:



I have to admit this project was a little addicting, it knit up so quickly and with such great colours I said "just one more row" several times!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I really like the yarn too! The yarn allows the stripes to not need to match, so you made a great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!!! I have to knit myself someof these this winter! That yarn looks beautiful :D

    x Mel

    ReplyDelete