I think this qualifies as a quick idea - mainly because you get 4 cards made at once! And if I say so myself, they look pretty good!
What you need:
- tissue paper in red and green
- heavy white paper or cardstock
- gold paint pen (this isn't the one I have but very similar)
- watercolour paints and paint brush (optional)
- Cut out flower shapes from the red tissue
- Cut out leaf shapes from the green tissue (make it faster by cutting 3 or 4 layers at once!)
- Glue shapes to white paper
- Outline all shapes and add detail (vein on leaf, dots on flowers) with gold paint pen
- Fill in the background with a light watercolour wash (optional)
Then cut your work of art into smaller rectangles to glue on blank cards, outline in gold pen and you're done!
I used a light green watercolour wash on these, mainly because I felt like painting, but I think I prefer the crispness of the plain white, unpainted background.