Thursday, February 14, 2013



You've probably seen Wiksten's Tova around the internet.  In fact, if anything, I'm probably a bit late to the Tova party (no, not toga party, that's something entirely different!).  The Tova is similar to a shirt I made a couple winters ago but this time I had the advantage of a pattern to work from!

The fabric was a cotton/flannel type I got on super sale at Fabricland.  That way I knew I wouldn't mind too much if I messed it up.  I chose to make the dress length of the Tova so I could wear it with leggings.

The pattern is great but I thought it would be better with a few modifications.  I added darts to help the bust fit better.  I think it could be better still but it's not too bad for winging it!  

Since everything is better with pockets I added some to the sides.  I had been planning to put inset pockets in the side seams but had forgotten to do that, so instead of unpicking I put some patch pockets on the outside.  I used LiEr's great pocket tutorials and had fun using the plaid on it's bias.

I think it's a pattern I'll sew again.  Maybe I'll be brave enough to cut into my Liberty of London print to make sleeveless, summer Tova!

1 comment: