Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Fleece Hunt

In preparation for my upcoming trip to the Winter Olympics next year I wanted to make something a little Canadian to wear while I'm cheering our athletes on. After much thought I figured a scarf would be perfect. Noticeable, but not like a walking souvenir. Sew or knit? I thought. Sew, it'll be faster and since I only plan to wear this scarf for 2 weeks there's not much point putting a lot of time into it. And fleece is warm, doesn't fray and is readily available, right? Wrong! I had no idea how hard it would be to find some decent red and white fleece! Most of the reds are orange-y as well as being a little shaggy. Bah! The fleece I am looking for does exist - I have shirt made out of it (commercially made that is). Which makes the fleece hunt all the more frustrating. And hopefully more rewarding when I find that for which I search.

1 comment:

  1. You might try Nancy's Notions (http://www.nancysnotions.com). She has a couple shades of red that might work. I don't know what the shipping charges would be though. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete