First off I have to show you the coffee sack bucket that I mentioned in the last post:
Also cute (possibly cuter) when the top is folded down.
And next, some felted rocks that I made for a very good friend.
For New Year's Day dinner I made these little matchboxes to put at each place...
And filled them with mini chocolate bars!
I used an old (i.e. 2009) calendar to make the box and wrapped them with pieces cut from a festive looking card.
2009 was a great year for crafting - I continued to develop my recent re-interests in knitting and sewing, started a blog, opened an Etsy shop and then the year culminated in with the madness of sewing an entire doll wardrobe as well as making lots of my Christmas presents!
What will 2010 bring? I have a craft "want to" list, some things leftover from 2009 (including those "it'll have to wait till after Christmas" projects), some new things and more yet to be discovered I'm sure! Alright, the 2010 Want-To List:
- Make the maple leaf scarves for which I needed the red fleece.
- Sew a pin cushion for my fancy new pins from Lupin.
- Try spinning with my drop spindle (which is carried over from the 2007 list!)
- Knit the mitts from the kit I got at the Knitter's Fair.
- Knit myself a scarf with "mint-chocolate" yarn, also from the Knitter's Fair.
- Scrapbook the photos from my trip to England.
- Experiment with paper garlands.
- Dye yarn & unspun wool (for felting/spinning.)
- Make a brooch, something felted I think, to wear on my new sweater (because the Christmas tree one isn't going to cut it anymore!)
- Try out LiEr's katybag pattern.
Well I guess that's enough to get me started! We'll see how much actually gets done!
Thanks for reading! (Which reminds me, one of my other "want tos" for 2010 is to blog more regularly.)