Sunday, March 25, 2012

Bicycle Cupcakes!

I made this peloton of bicycle cupcakes for a friend's birthday. Spent three evenings working on them and was so pleased with how they turned out!

 

The bicycles are made with melted chocolate chips, a ziplock bag & wax paper.  I made them a little too thin so they were repaired the following day with more melted chocolate chips & a toothpick!  The recipe (white, with chocolate chip cookie on the bottom) is from Martha.  She topped hers with mini cookies, which are cute, but I'm loving the bicycles.

3 comments:

  1. Laura, Fantastic idea! I am going to make these for my son's birthday, he has just started training for a duathalon with his dad.
    Have a good day.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goshhhh these are SO ADORABLE! they must have taken forever! plus the cupcakes sound like they would be delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are incredibly cute! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete