Monday, March 29, 2010

Nana's Rice Pudding


This picture doesn't begin to show how absolutely delicious this pudding is!  The recipe comes from my Nana and is a little lacking in standard measurements as that's the way she cooked.

1.  Stir a generous spoonful of butter or margarine into warm rice.
2.  Stir in a half cup of sugar.
3.  Add milk to cover and a capful of vanilla extract.
4.  Sprinkle with nutmeg.
5.  Bake at 350 for half an hour.

A little vague, eh?  Here's some more detail.

  • I've only used white rice for this recipe.

  • The rice can be rewarmed leftovers or freshly cooked. 

  • I've tried this recipe with varying amounts of rice and it always turns out.  I'd guess it's about 2ish cups of cooked rice (from 1ish cups of uncooked).

  • I'd say the butter is 2-3 Tablespoons measured out.  I just take a soup spoon and make a generous scoop!
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.  Equally delicious reheated the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment