Tuesday, February 1, 2011

February Challenge

I love the idea of Project 365 or some sort of one-a-day-for-a-year idea but I know myself and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't last more then a couple months.  But I do think I could last for one month (especially the shortest one!) so my challenge for February is to cut one kirigami design a day. 

Why kirigami you might ask?  In the fall I came across this tutorial on zakka life and I've been wanting to try more kirigami designs since.  I bought this kit so I have paper, scissors & designs all ready to go!  Hopefully I'll be able to cut some of my own designs too but for days when I don't have much time I fully anticipate copying one from the book.  I'd really like to be better at this paper cutting thing and the only way I'll do that is to practice.  A month's worth of cutting should at least be a good start to getting comfortable cutting paper!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see what you come up with. I've never heard of kirigami--so, it's like origami but instead of folding, you cut? Cool...

    ReplyDelete