Monday, February 7, 2011

Kirigami Challenge - Week One

I have been keeping up with my February challenge of cutting one kirigami pattern a day but had to wait for the weekend to take some decent photos (if these count as decent).  So here's a round-up of week one (minus today because by the time I get something cut it will be dark).

Day 1 - flower designs inspired, but not actually copied, from a pattern in my book.


Day 2 - lots of hearts, because I love them & it's February so they're rather appropriate!


Day 3 - something that was supposed to be more snowflake like and six armed.  I'm still figuring out when to cut on the fold and when to cut in the middle!


And another heart inspired design.


Day 4 - back to flowers, the one on the right is a pattern copied from the book, the one on the left is my own variation on the pattern.


Day 5 - a leafy cut, think I should try same sized leaves next time.


Day 6 - a different take on hearts with help from a hole punch.  I like how the points come together like pieces of pie!


I can see by the end of the month I'm going to have a lot of designs cut out, so perhaps my March project will be to figure out something to do with them all!

On another note check back tomorrow for a giveaway!

1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful. I'm glad you've introduced me to this craft, but now I have to add it to my list of something to try ;-P It keeps getting longer...

    ReplyDelete