Saturday, August 22, 2009

Chocolate!

I've just found a great new chocolate - from IKEA! I used to like this chocolate:


It was dark (I prefer dark to milk) but not too dark and it came in a big slab so it lasted a long time and was always available when a recipe called for something like 8 oz of chocolate. Then a couple years ago President's Choice changed their products and this chocolate became darker, still yummy but not quite as delicious. Boo. There's still some in the cupboard but it seems to last longer now (not that that's a bad thing).

Last week I was at IKEA and saw this chocolate bar and decided to give it a try.


Very good! Much like the "old" President's Choice bar. Not nearly as big a slab but still a generous size for a chocolate bar and only $1. Downside: IKEA is 30 minutes away. Still, a good excuse to go. Will have to stock up next time!

When I was in England this summer I stocked up on Cadbury's Dairy Milk. This is the exception to dark chocolate is better. Yes, you can get Dairy Milk here but the UK version is just better. I've heard it's because they use whole milk not powdered milk. I don't know but it's definitely the best milk chocolate I've tasted. Downside: England is much further away then IKEA. Upside: sometimes obliging friends bring some back from their travels.


Hmmm... I'm hungry now, anyone else?

No comments:

Post a Comment